Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 23, 2008

May 23, 2008. My eighteenth birthday and my graduation night. Wow. I honestly like every other kid never thought that day would come. But now it just doesn't seem real. It doesn't feel like I'll be going off to college. And it really doesn't feel like summer either.

Anyways. Yesterday I was really dreading Graduation rehearsal. It just seemed so dumb to go through the walk like Twelve times. But none the less I sat through it. As the day progressed I began to be more excited about things. When six o'clock rolled around I was nervous, excited, and anxious. I was so ready to graduate. I then received news that a family member of mine wasn't coming. And telling you I handled it in a good way would be lying. I was crying, frustrated, and just mad. But Most of all, I was hurt. But I got through it. I went on to Graduation and I met with my fellow classmates for probably the Last time, well that ALL of us would be there. I went to the bathroom with the girls I had ate lunch with since Jr. High. I fixed the Cap of a guy who I wasn't even friends with until My senior year.

Because you see, Graduation night isn't about who is wearing what dress, who looks the best, or even who has the most people there watching. Its about knowing that inside of you, that you deserve this. That this is what you've been working hard for all these years. It's about getting your reward for your work.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Congrats, Anna!

Lauren said...

yesss. so proud of you.