Wednesday, March 5, 2008

hmmm :)

So I've cooled down since the last post. And I'm realizing things. As I was talkin to a pretty good friend of mine today, she made the comment of sorry that had to happen to you. And as she told me this the song There is a Reason by Caedmon's Call came on through Itunes. And honestly it all started to make sense.

If you haven't heard the song, you need to listen to it.(if it wasn't for Lauren I wouldn't have downloaded it :) Thanks Lauren!) So as I was talking to my friend I began to again realize that Everything obviously happens for a reason. And I don't know why or how I didn't see it! God was pushing it RIGHT in my face!

And then it hit me! For the past few weeks, I've been pretty much running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Just being super stressed and everything. And So i just didn't know what to do. We are pretty much in the process of switching our youth group name to [Pause.]--> i love the brackets :) But anyways. It says that we need to Pause in our lives and remember that God will provide, And we need to always have time for God. Well then There is all this drama going down. And of course there are other things too. We need to withdraw and pray!

A friend of mine is kinda scaring me. Something is definitely not right. Not with our friendship but with something they are struggling with. And Tonight I finally talked to someone about it.

Then here is the BIG finale. This morning in FCA we talked about God gave us soo much! He gave us light, grass, LIFE, and not too mention Jesus Christ our Savior!--> pretty big deal if you ask me! It finally hit me! DUH! I've been so distracted lately that I haven't been giving back to God. I haven't been setting a good Christian example to my fellow Christians(and non-christians) at my school and even my church. I've been to caught up in my own issues that I forgot my whole purpose of life. To Glorify God.

I can't believe that all this time I haven't been able to see the big sign that says Hey Choose me! He wants us to seek him, bring people to him, and show him in our lives. I haven't been the best example lately. I'm not perfect in any way. But I'm going to try to be more Christ Like and stop getting so caught up in things. And if I do, please someone remind me of this post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i totally promise to do that for you... if you promise to point me to my "love of dance" post when i get caught up in the same kind of things...

we all do it. the important thing is that we REALIZE what we are doing and make a whole-hearted effort to recognize symptoms of distraction sooner the next time around!

love ya!

Lauren said...

Thanks for the shout-out.

You have a beautiful heart!

xoxo