Sunday, March 9, 2008

Major Changes

Major Changes as in my College Major. I've already changed like four times and I'm not even registered yet! ha! This Could be rather interesting.

So about this Major! :) So as many of you guys know I planned on majoring in Social Work. Well I'm not totally going away from Social Work :) I'm still interested in that field. But its going to be much Broader now.

After a lot of prayer, and talking with some people, I've decided to major in Religious Studies. Random, Yes? But It feels really right. And you know I might change again. Who knows, And if I do It will be okay.

Why am I changing my major to Religious Studies? Good Question. Ministry is the answer. But what type is the REAL Question. I could see myself doing Children's ministry. I LOVE kids, but I don't think that is where God wants me. In the past month or so I've been pulled toward something. And I've really prayed Hard about it. And I've asked a couple people to pray about it too. And it all pointed to the same thing. Missionary Work.

God Has pulled me through a lot of turns and hills in the past year and a half. He has continued to provider for me and I have full faith that he will continue his work through me. I know God has plans for me, and honestly I'm just going with my feelings, and my listening skills. Although the road is kinda musty I'm positive God will show me the way.

So I guess what I'm asking for, is lots of prayer. I need you guys to pray for me, and help me figure out what is going on. lol I love you guys :)

4 comments:

beverlyj said...

Sounds to me like you have a plan! Change isn't always bad. I changed my mind about my major a zillion times. You will know when it is right. No education is a waste of time. No one can take it away from you no matter what. So, even if you are feeling wishy washy about your major at first and change....it is still ok. Don't stress too much girlie!
Love ya!

Seth said...

You may want to think about a school with a mission program. Like IWU or Taylor. BSU's Religious Studies program is not that great!!

Anna Osmon said...

Yeah I know. The only bad part about this, is that I've already sent in my confirmation payment. So idk what I'm going to do.

Carol said...

I admire you for setting your goals and knowing you're going to school next year for sure. The major will work out - and part of the fun to see where God leads you! My first attempt at college all I came away with was my MRS. degree - lol! Wouldn't change it for the world...and since I didn't finish and get my teaching degree that time, it led me to Goodwill. Not only did I form lifelong friendships there, but God also taught me some lessons about people with disabilities which have comforted me so much with Andrew's illness. Anyhow, if you wind up doing mission work, I know you'll love it. If God is preparing you for something else, you'll do well regardless. The most important thing is to keep your eyes and heart focused on HIM! He's already got all the little details worked out, so sit back and enjoy the ride! :) Love ya!